All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we love kitten videos so much? Does time speed up as you get older? Should you play brain games? Can you make yourself happy? Art Markman and Bob Duke, hosts of the popular Austin-based NPR radio show and podcast 'Two Guys on Your Head', are here to answer all your questions about how the brain works and why we behave the way we do. Featuring the latest empirical findings, this is science served up in fun and revelatory bite-size bits, along with a complete set of references for further study.
- Author BiographyArt Markman, PhD, is one of the premier cognitive scientists in the field. He has been on the faculty at the University of Texas since 1998, where he is the Annabel Irion Worsham Centennial Professor of Psychology and Marketing and director of the program in the Human Dimensions of Organizations at University of Texas. Markman has published over 150 scholarly works on topics including analogical reasoning, categorization, decision making, and motivation. Additionally, he is a member of the medical advisory board of the <i>Dr. Oz Show</i> and on the scientific advisory board of <i>Dr. Phil</i>. Robert Duke, PhD, is the Marlene and Morton Meyerson Centennial Professor and Head of Music and Human Learning at University of Texas at Austin. A University Distinguished Teaching Professor, Elizabeth Shatto Massey Distinguished Fellow in Teacher Education, and Director of the Center for Music Learning, he is also director of the program in psychology of learning at Colburn Conservatory in Los Angeles. Duke has published over 75 scholarly articles related to music learning, memory, perception, and behavior, and has received national awards for research and teaching from the Music Educators National Conference and from the Music Teachers National Association.
- Author(s)Art Markman,Bob Duke
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication10/11/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note2 colour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.