All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionBrand New Church? aims to make sense of what 'post-modern' actually looks and feels like in real life, and to ask what this means for the church. The author has spoken to a wide range of church leaders, in the UK and USA about what is happening. His concern is t simply with 'emerging church', which is both loved and loathed, but with a broader understanding of how - in these post-modern times - the church might engage fruitfully in dialogue and mission for the sake of all God's people. Attempts to discover what those involved in practicing church within postmodern cultures really believe and hope for Includes interviews with Sue Wallace, who founded 'Visions and 'Transcendence', Jonny Baker, a member of Grace, and Roy Searle of the Northumbria Community Engages with writers and theologians including D. A. Carson, Peter Rollins, Pete Ward, Tom Wright and Stanley Hauerwas Challenges people's assumptions in an interesting way.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Dr Graeme Fancourt is the first graduate of Durham University's Doctor in Theology and Ministry, in which he looked at the relationship between church and postmodern cultures. He has worked in Baptist and Anglican Churches for over ten years, and is now an Anglican priest serving as a curate in the Parish of Caversham, Thameside and Mapledurham, near Reading, whilst also holding the ESU American Memorial Chapel Scholarship.
- Author(s)Graeme Fancourt
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.