All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of Mixed Martial Arts, where fighters from different arts compete against one ather, is generally seen as a relatively recent development and yet contests between fighters from different martial arts have been common and incredibly in Brazil for over a hundred years. During this time, fighters from many countries have travelled to Brazil, bringing their own unique skills and different styles of combat with them. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has developed out of this eclectic mix of forms and techniques, and it continues to advance today as an art specifically designed for the Mixed Martial Arts arena.
- Author BiographyEd Semple has a PhD in Sport and Exercise Sciences and has taught in several countries including Japan and the USA. He has worked with many top-class athletes from different sports for over fifteen years. Ed has a black belt in Judo and is the owner of the Sleeping Storm Dojo in the UK that provides a home for martial arts from all over the world. Resident - Surrey Ricardo Da Silva set up one of the first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu clubs in the UK. A highly successful fighter, with many notable victories in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, No Gi and Mixed Martial Arts competition, Ricardo is an outstanding instructor.
- Author(s)Ed Semple,Ricardo Da Silva
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/2006
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/01/2017
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Weight375 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.