Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.13Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $94.27
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.31Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.48Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.37
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
About this product
- DescriptionBREAK IN was originally published in 1985, and was the first of two books to feature Kit Fielding, champion steeplechase jockey. Kit goes to the aid of his twin sister whose husband, a racehorse trainer, faces ruin as the result of a spiteful newspaper campaign. Because of his courage, Kit in turn becomes the target. This vintage Dick Francis vel is about family relationships, about love, hatred and obsession. It is about the day-to-day life of a top-flight horseman for whom race-riding is the most demanding and rewarding love of all.
- Author BiographyDick Francis was one of the most successful post-war National Hunt jockeys. The winner of over 350 races, he was champion jockey in 1953/1954 and rode for HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, most famously on Devon Loch in the 1956 Grand National. On his retirement from the saddle, he published his autobiography, The Sport of Queens, before going on to write forty-three bestselling novels, a volume of short stories (Field of 13), and the biography of Lester Piggott. During his lifetime Dick Francis received many awards, amongst them the prestigious Crime Writers' Association's Cartier Diamond Dagger for his outstanding contribution to the genre, and three 'best novel' Edgar Allan Poe awards from The Mystery Writers of America. In 1996 he was named by them as Grand Master for a lifetime's achievement. In 1998 he was elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, and was awarded a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List of 2000. Dick Francis died in February 2010, at the age of eighty-nine, but he remains one of the greatest thriller writers of all time.
- Author(s)Dick Francis
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/1993
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleFrancis Thriller
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael Joseph Ltd
- Weight474 g
- Width141 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.