All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback, this courageous story, beautifully told [<em>Washington Post</em>] offers a searing examination of a marriage coming apart piece by piece. <em> There are those who believe it is simple selfishness that leads people to divorce. For those of us who have lived it, it's hard to see why anyone would rip out their veins for some immature or narcissistic desire to get what they want, because that is what it feels like. </em> --from <em>Breaking Apart</em> Piercingly honest and profoundly moving, Wendy Swallow's memoir traces the arc of her marriage and its painful disintegration. Her journey through divorce's rough terrain--and the reconstruction of her life after divorce--offers an electrifying literary portrait of what it is to relinquish the comfort and security of a long-held dream.
- Author BiographyA former staff writer for the <em>Washington Post</em>, <strong>Wendy Swallow</strong> is currently a journalism professor at American University and a freelance writer. A divorced mother of two, Swallow lives in Kensington, Maryland, outside of Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Wendy Swallow
- Date of Publication22/05/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width129 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.