All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching history should t simply be an endless recitation of irrelevant facts, entombed between the covers of a textbook. Instead, Breaking Away from the Textbook offers a fascinating journey through world history. Not a comprehensive, theory-heavy guide, this book instead focuses on exciting classroom activities, methods for students to grapple with human issues, and invative ways to show students the relevance of the past to the world today. Simply put, this book makes world history fun. Soon your students will be busy debating, thinking, applying, and learning about information that will stay with them for a lifetime. The key to this wonderful work is that it incorporates various disciplines including art, music, and writing to create a vibrant classroom. Volume I covers prehistory to the Renaissance and Volume II covers the Enlightenment to the 20th century. Includes pictures and drawings, appendices, indexes, maps, and a bibliography. Volume III: More Creative Ways to Teach World History covers ancient times through the 20th century and beyond. Appropriate for all grade levels.
- Author BiographyRon H. Pahl is a history buff with more than 100 articles and five books published. He has traveled almost everywhere in the world including crossing the Arctic and Antarctic Circles the same year. Currently he is coordinator of social studies education at The California State University Fullerton.
- Author(s)Ron H. Pahl
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.