All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most critically acclaimed series ever produced, Breaking Bad won legions of avid viewers who debated its every nuance as they followed the story of how terminally ill high-school teacher Walter White becomes a criminal-mastermind drug kingpin. This one-of-a-kind volume-adapted and expanded from the interactive e-book Breaking Bad: Alchemy-is the only official guide to the show. It covers the evolution of Breaking Bad from the pilot to the final episode and beyond, and highlights the unique elements that made the series so magnetic. It's filled with insider secrets about the making of the show and the meanings behind its icography, as well a complete series timeline, exclusive interviews with creator Vince Gilligan, and a new introduction from ted film critic David Thomson. In addition to exploring how this epic came to be, Thomson sets Breaking Bad in the context of both crime literature and long-form television. Illustrated with more than 300 images and insightful captions by Thomson, this must-have volume offers the most thorough look at Breaking Bad, which Thompson believes is t only a great TV show (winning 108 industry awards and minated for 260) but one of the most significant works of fiction in the new century.
- Author BiographyConsidered one of the foremost film writers of our time, David Thomson is a highly sought-after speaker on film criticism and the history of Hollywood. He is the author of The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (Knopf, now in its sixth edition) and Hollywood: A Celebration, among other works. In early 2011, the New Republic named the London-born Thomson as a columnist for its new online section, At the Movies. He is also a contributor to the New York Times, Film Comment, Movieline, and Saloncom.
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour photographs
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid Thomson
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.