All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionCentral China, 1264. When Mongol armies storm into the Middle Kingdom, the descendents of Yun Cai (Taming Poison Dragons) are trapped in a desperate siege that will determine the fate of the Empire. Guang and Shih are identical twins, one a heroic soldier idolised by the city he defends, the other a humble doctor. In the midst of war, jealous conflicts over Shih's wife and concubine threaten to tear the brothers apart. Enemies close in on every side - some disturbingly close to home. Can the Yun family survive imprisonment, ruthless treachery and Kublai Khan's bloody hordes? Or will their own reckless passions destroy them first? Breaking Bamboo is the second instalment of a trilogy set in Song and Yuan Dynasty China, charting the trials and adventures of the Yun clan.
- Author BiographyTim Murgatroyd is an English teacher who lives with his family in York. He has remained fascinated by ancient China since his teens, when he discovered a slim volume of Chinese poetry in a second hand bookshop. Taming Poison Dragons is his first novel. He is currently engaged in writing a sequel chronicling the turbulent events of the Mongol invasion of China.
- Author(s)Tim Murgatroyd
- PublisherMyrmidon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleMedieval China Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyrmidon Books Ltd
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.