All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is our hope that this book will offer a foundation, based on fact and faith, which will empower the reader to seek the help he or she needs. We call it a foundation because research has consistently shown that breaking free of addictive patterns or coping with the addiction of a loved one requires additional support, one that involves a network of people including professional counselors and structured groups. From the Introduction Are you or a loved one addicted to the Internet? Do you sit for hours and hours in front of a computer screen, surfing the Web at the expense of your mental and emotional health? Are your addictive behaviors jeopardizing your job and putting you and your family at risk? Has your ability to socialize with others diminished? Are you ashamed and concerned about the Web sites you are visiting regularly? Do you want to stop your addictive behavior? Dr. Kimberly Young and Sister Patrice Klausing want to help you. They've written the ultimate guide for Catholics who seek to break an addiction to the Internet. With their combined clinical and spiritual expertise, the authors present methods of healing that are both therapeutically sound and rooted in faith. Breaking Free of the Web: Catholics and Internet Addiction includes the basic facts, information, how-to-measures and real-life scenarios about real people struggling to kick their Internet addiction, in addition to spiritual exercises and prayers that will guide Internet addicts through the difficult journey to health. Together the authors have created one of the most comprehensive books on Internet addiction available today.
- Author BiographyDR. KIMBERLY YOUNG, PSY.D., a licensed clinical psychologist, is professor of management sciences at St. Bonaventure University. An internationally recognized pioneer in the field of Internet addiction, she is director of the Center for Online Addiction (www.netaddiction.com) and author of the ground breaking books, Caught in the Net and Tangled in the Web . PATRICE KLAUSING, O.S.F., is a Bernardine Franciscan Sister who holds an M.A. in religious studies from St. Charles Seminary in Overbrook, Pennsylvania, and an M.S. in pastoral counseling from Loyola College in Maryland. She works as a licensed professional counselor and has ministered as a spiritual director and retreat leader.
- Author(s)Kimberly Young,Patrice Klausing
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight254 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.