All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking Ground presents the stories of twelve fascinating women - including Jane Dieulafoy, Gertrude Bell, and Dorothy Garrod - and their immeasurable contributions to the development and progress of Old World archaeology. Each essay examines the life of a pioneer archaeologist in the early days of the discipline, tracing her path from education in the classics to travel and exploration and eventual international recognition, as they broke ground both as women and as archaeologists.
- Author BiographyGetzel M. Cohen is Professor of Classics and Director of the Tytus Visiting Scholars Program at the University of Cincinnati. He is also Director of the Institute for Mediterranean Studies. Martha Sharp Joukowsky is Professor of Anthropology at Brown University and Director of the Brown University Center for Old World Archaeology and Art and the Brown University Petra Great Temple Excavations.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note10 illustrations, 47 photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byGetzel M. Cohen,Martha Sharp Joukowsky
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.