Breaking Out of Food Jail: How to Free Yourself from Diets and Problem Eating Once and for All by Jean Antonello (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFINALLY YOU CAN SET YOURSELF FREE If you've tried every diet out there, if you've counted every gram of fat, every last calorie and every meal exchange, and you're still fighting the food wars, it's time for Breaking Out of Food Jail, a commonsense approach to food, eating, and appetites. Jean Antonello's practical, step-by-step program pinpoints and eliminates the most common cause of eating problems -- the fear of overeating. That's right -- if you've tried everything and you're still battling your appetite, it's probably because you're t getting eugh to eat at the right time. When you deprive your body of food for any reason -- and as you do on most diels -- your body goes into a famine state. Your hunger soars, along with cravings for fatty foods and sugars -- the foods your body can most quickly turn into stored fuel to protect you from starvation. If you're like most dieters, you eventually respond to those signals by bingeing. And then you go back to your restrictive eating and start the cycle all over again. Breaking Out of Food Jail will release you from this trap and show you: * How t eating eugh results in cravings, overeating, disturbed eating behavior, and weight gain * How the feast or famine pattern undermines even the most conscientious eater * How to have a rmal relationship with food -- including learning to eat whenever you're hungry and stopping when you are full * Why most eating problems are t psychological but physiological * How to prevent eating problems in children and young adults by teaching kids how to tune into their hunger and eat right Filled with self-tests, affirmations, simple exercises, and the latest research on dieting, as well as Jean's list of real foods that should be in every refrigerator and pantry, Breaking Out of Food Jail will transform your relationship with food and your body and eliminate dieting from your life, once and for all.
- Author BiographyJean Antonello, R.N., B.S.N., an obesity, eating disorders, and co-dependence specialist, is the director of the Naturally Thin Training Center in St. Paul, Minnesota, and is the author of How to Become Naturally Thin by Eating More. She lives in St. Paul.
- Author(s)Jean Antonello
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/05/1996
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFireside Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.