All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAn international TED Talk speaker, Tony Porter challenges manhood and male socialization, which he defines as the man box. Tony Porter works closely with the NFL, the NBA, the MLB, the US military, colleges, universities, and numerous other organizations to prevent violence against women and girls by promoting healthy, respectful manhood. Now, in Breaking Out of the Man Box Porter's message is directed at all men. This book tackles the collective socialization of manhood and provides an in-depth look at the experiences of boys and men. In an effort to understand the many aspects of what it means to be a man, Porter suggests the topic is worthy of being rethought, challenged, and even redefined. This book will help men--fathers, husbands, brothers, coworkers, etc.--unpack and correct those realities. Breaking Out of the Man Box boldly exposes the connection between male socialization and the quest to end violence against women and girls. Porter provides an honest and transformative experience, empowering men to create a world where men and boys are loving and respectful--and a human race where women and girls are valued and safe. On the heels of national movements and initiatives such as the NFL's NoMore.org, this book provides men with the kwledge and understanding to explore how to create that world.
- Author BiographyTony Porter is an educator, activist, and lecturer. He is the cofounder of the organization A Call to Men. He is both nationally and internationally recognized as a leading voice on male socialization, the intersection of masculinity and violence against women, and healthy, respectful manhood. Tony's TED Talk has been named by GQ Magazine as one of the Top 10 TED Talks Every Man Should See.
- Author(s)Tony Porter
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.