Breaking the Antibiotic Habit: A Parent's Guide to Coughs, Colds, Ear Infections, and Sore Throats by Louis M. Bell, Paul A. Offit, Bonnie Fass-Offit (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProtect your child. Leading pediatric experts answer all your questions about reducing the risks of antibiotic overuse. An important book for parents.the best source I have seen about the dangers of antibiotic resistance and the risks of antibiotic overuse. --Scott Dowell, M.D., M.P.H. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Finally, a book that discusses the problem of antibiotic overuse in a readable way, combining daily experiences in pediatric practice with scientific explanations. --S. Michael Marcy, M.D., American Academy of Pediatrics If your child has a cough, cold, ear infection, or sore throat, will antibiotics help? The answer may surprise you. Overuse of antibiotics has led to antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria, or superbugs. Antibiotics are increasingly ineffective because they are often prescribed inappropriately to treat viral infections, such as colds, bronchitis, and sore throats. Natural supplements may offer more relief. Clearly organized and packed with vital information, Breaking the Antibiotic Habit covers all the key issues, including: Distinguishing between strep throat and sore throat, sinus infection and the common cold, pneumonia and bronchitis, and ear infections and ear fluids Helping children with viral infections feel better--without antibiotics Getting the most from over-the-counter remedies and natural supplements--which are best for specific symptoms, and which to avoid altogether
- Author BiographyPAUL A. OFFIT, M.D., is Chief of Infectious Diseases at the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Henle Professor of Immunologic and Infectious Diseases at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He and Louis Bell are the authors of What Every Parent Should Know about Vaccines. BONNIE FASS-OFFIT, M.D., a pediatrician in private practice, is CoMedical Director of Kids First-Haverford/Radnor. LOUIS M. BELL, M.D., is Medical Director of the Hospital Infection Control Department and an attending physician in infectious diseases and emergency medicine at the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Bonnie Fass-Offit,Louis M. Bell,Paul A. Offit
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication06/04/1999
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.