All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionTo outsiders, Larry Owen Azlin was a drug-addicted criminal who defied societal rules and rms. But to authors Shirley Anne McMurray and Melinda Leigh Alkire, he was the man they called Daddy. In this memoir, these sisters paint a picture of their life with their father and mother-a life marked by crime, drugs, police busts, and shootings in the ghettos of Fres, California. Breaking the Chain provides a glimpse into the life of children with parents who struggle with addiction and the impact the criminal justice system leaves on them. McMurray and Alkire share the details of what life was like with their father before drugs engulfed his mind, body, and soul. It also narrates the grim stories of his drug-addicted machinations, his prison incarceration with the California Department of Corrections, and his failed attempts at reform. Recalling both the heartaches and the joys, Breaking the Chain provides a unique perspective of their unusual upbringing. They provide testimony that there is hope for the future.
- Author(s)Melinda Leigh Alkire,Shirley Anne McMurray
- Date of Publication04/01/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.