All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShirley's watercolours are visually inspiring, vibrant in colour and strong in composition. This, her third book, shows how she achieves her stunning results by pushing the medium to its limits. Shirley takes the reader through 10 paintings in great detail and shares all her professional tips and painting secrets. In addition, each painting has large close-up details so the reader can really see all the brushstrokes. Shirley breaks the conventional rules of watercolour in many different ways: through her compositions, strange perspectives, fascinating textures and, above all, the strength and vibrancy of her colour combinations. In Breaking the Rules of Watercolour, Shirley explains all her painting decisions and demonstrates her techniques at every stage. In this way, she encourages all watercolourists, whatever their level, to experiment with the medium and produce exciting and challenging work of their own.
- Author BiographyShirley Trevena is a well-known and successful watercolourist. Throughout her career she has pushed the boundaries of watercolour and is now regarded as one of Britain's most experimental and innovative artists in the medium.
- Author(s)Shirley Trevena
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note130 colour illustrations
- Weight781 g
- Width226 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.