All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionBreakthrough: Essays and Vignettes in Hor of John A. Rassias celebrates an outstanding educator who has revolutionized the art of learning languages. John A. Rassias' method breaks down the barriers and inhibitions people have in learning ather language. In his forty-plus years of teaching, he has touched and transformed many lives. This book includes a personal interview with Rassias; a listing of his life accomplishments; an article by Rassias; and scholarly essays on his method of teaching languages, as well as scholarly essays on teaching languages in general. A large portion of this book consists of personal vignettes by some of the people Rassias has touched as a teacher, mentor, father, uncle, and friend.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Mel B. Yoken is Chancellor Professor of French at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, where he has taught since 1966. He received his B.A. from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, his M.A.T. from Brown University, and his Ph.D. under the Five College Cooperation Program conducted by Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts. Yoken specializes in the study of French and Quebec literature of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. He has published eight books (including this volume), as well as many articles, reviews, and poetic translations in journals and scholarly periodicals. He is the recipient of several prestigious awards from the French Academy, the French government, the New York State Foreign Language Association, and MaFLA (Massachusetts Foreign Language Association). He is Director of the Boivin Center of French Language and Culture at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, and an honorary life member of AATF (American Association Teachers of French).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note14 ill.
- Weight750 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byMel B. Yoken
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.