All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreakthrough Problem Solving with Action Learning explores why and how action learning groups have been so successful and creative in solving complex problems. The text begins by briefly reviewing the theories that undergird the effectiveness of action learning, philosophically situating readers and pointing them in the direction of related academic works that they may wish to explore. It then turns to stories of how organizations have employed action learning in solving specific, often-encountered business problems. These cases t only serve as real-world models for how action learning can be successfully employed, but also offer inspiration and potential starting points and guidelines for other businesses that face similar problems. The book concludes with a cross-case analysis that pinpoints the ingredients necessary for breakthrough problem solving via action learning.
- Author BiographyMichael Marquardt is Professor of Human Resource Development and International Affairs, as well as Program Director of Overseas Programs, at George Washington University. He serves as President of the World Institute for Action Learning. Roland K. Yeo is a Management Trainer based at the Saudi Aramco Professional Development Academy. He is Adjunct Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management at the Maastricht School of Management and Adjunct Senior Researcher at the International Graduate School of Business, University of South Australia.
- Author(s)Michael J. Marquardt,Michael Marquardt,Roland K. Yeo
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.