All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe fight against breast cancer is expected to be effectively stimulated by interdisciplinary approaches and cross-fertilization between laboratory and clinical research findings. Of major importance are therefore meetings promoting fast transfer to clinical applications of findings by basic scientists. The present volume, reporting the proceedings of the 1991 Biennial Conference of the International Association for Breast Cancer Research, hopes to achieve this goal by presenting the most recent observations in the laboratory and their possible applications for diagstic evaluations and clinical treatments. The sections of the book focus first on the oncogenes more likely involved in mammary tumorigenesis and on the polypeptide factors and steroid hormones affecting proliferation and possibly inducing carcigenesis in breast epithelium. A section is devoted to the epidemiological studies and to the identification of risk factors, a way to select populations at higher risk and, possibly, to help in preventing the disease. Special emphasis is given to the establishment of diagstic criteria and to the selection of progstic factors, which must support an effective therapeutic planning. It is our hope that this volume, a timely update of the most recent advances in specific fields presented by basic scientists, pathologists and clinicians will stimulate new insights and progresses leading ultimately to the control of breast cancer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopments in Oncology
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight516 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byA. Sapino,G. Bussolati,L Dogliotti
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.