All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionBreast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK; there are approximately 45,000 new cases every year. A new diagsis can be very frightening and many people will have prior kwledge of the disease. This book is for women and their families who are looking for a comprehensive but plain language guide to breast cancer and its treatments. Starting with the basics, this guide will look at what breast cancer is and how its diagsed, right through to support options, the treatment available and how to care for your carers. The emotional after-effects of being a survivor are also covered in detail. Written by a survivor of breast cancer, this book will provide everything you need to kw about breast care, being diagsed with breast cancer and the road to recovery. Breast Cancer - The Essential Guide also includes a foreword by Lorraine Sers and Anne Saunders, Macmillan breast nurse specialists.
- Author BiographyKatherine Locke is a freelance writer who was diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2007. She has written about the subject for The Guardian and has undertaken a large quantity of research on all aspects of breast cancer. Katherine won the non-fiction category at the Brit Writers Awards 2010 for her book, Six Women on Twelve Walks.
- Author(s)Katherine Locke
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight174 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.