Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough there are numerous technical-scientific books on breast cancer in the global bibliography, such books deal exclusively with the nature of the disease in majority populations of the Western societies, with little or reference to the nature of the disease in the mirity populations in such societies. Similarly, the nature of breast cancer in black women of the less privileged societies, and in women of ethnic groups living in countries of similar socio-ecomic status, is virtually unkwn. For various epidemiological reasons, breast cancer incidence is rapidly increasing in these counties, more so than currently is the case in developed countries. Thus, the global burden of cancer is shifting gradually to these areas of the world, and may equal or even surpass the breast cancer burden in the Western societies within the foreseeable future. This book is unique because it bucks the trend of virtually all other breast cancer books by addressing specifically the breast cancer experience of women of African descent and their lifestyle counterparts in other societies of the world.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1650 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCarla I. Falkson,Christopher Kwesi O. Williams,Olufunmilayo I. Olopade
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.