All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive manual on breast disease deals with all aspects of the surgical management of both benign and malignant disease. The chapters are written by leading experts, clearly illustrated with line drawings, clinical photos and diagstic radiology images. Breast Surgery is divided into sections following the patterns of patient management from diagsis through treatment and reconstruction. Part One, 'Fundamentals', addresses common aspects of working with breast cancer patients and understanding the members of the breast cancer team. Part Two is an overview of 'Biologic Principles'. Parts Three, Four, and Five review 'The Initial Evaluation', 'Common Presenting Problems', and 'Diagstic Techniques'. Part Six, an overview of breast cancer treatment, includes chapters on 'Breast Cancer Staging', 'Introduction to Gene Expression Profiling', and 'Psychological Issues'. Part's Seven through Twelve deal with important aspects of breast surgery and interdisciplinary care including pathology, medical oncology, and radiation oncology, with several chapters on neoadjuvant therapy and partial breast irradiation. Part Thirteen includes many chapters on followup of the breast cancer survivor, including late changes on physical exam and imaging, local recurrence, and treating metastatic disease. Though t intended to replace a text reference, Breast Surgical Disease and Interdisciplinary Management offers a comprehensive guide to provide practical advice for those seeking concise, expert input that can be quickly accessed on multiple topics associated with the care of the breast cancer patient.
- Author BiographyFrederick M. Dirbas, M.D. Associate Professor of Surgery Breast Disease Management Group Leader Clinical Care Sub-Team Division of Surgical Oncology Department of Surgery Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford Cancer Center 875 Blake Wilbur Drive, CC2235 Stanford, CA 94025, USA Carol E. H. Scott-Conner, M.D., Ph.D. Department of Surgery University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic 200 Hawkins Drive, 1516 JCP Iowa City, IA 52242-1086, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations, 270 colour illustrations, 85 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1941 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byCarol E. H. Scott-Conner,Frederick Dirbas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.