All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades, global healthcare professionals and organisations have formed a wide, evidence-based consensus that breastfeeding is usually the best option for both mother and baby. However, women and professionals alike often face a sea of shifting attitudes and values, and complex social, cultural, political and ecomic factors that may influence women's feeding decisions. This book examines the global evidence, and the factors that affect women's decisions around initiating breastfeeding and maintaining it through the first year of their children's lives. It outlines potential areas for development and policy change at practitioner and strategic levels, and shows how health professionals can effectively communicate and provide information to help women make unpressured but informed decisions. Breastfeeding - Contemporary Issues in Practice and Policy is essential reading for healthcare professionals, policy movers and shapers, and all those with an interest in breastfeeding who wish to influence the development of related policies, practices and healthcare services.
- Author Biographyrespectively Health Improvement Principal and Breastfeeding Co-ordinator, NHS Tayside; Senior Lecturer, and Head of Distance Learning Centre, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dundee; Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dundee.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Rogerson,Janet Dalzell,Linda Martindale
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.