All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThese stunning stories explore, with poignancy and wit, the treacherous, alluring, and sometimes painful territories of memory, family, and friendship. These stories teach us that even the right people can harbor hideous secrets, that love, embarrassment, and food can assume bewildering and heartbreaking combinations and that there are many ways of being used by-or using-other people. Hammond's stories probe beyond the surface of our lives to consider the complexities that underlie the most ordinary of relationships and the painful difficulty by which even small insights are achieved. Her characters sometimes flinch from their hard-earned wisdom, but their journeys to comprehension offer the reader a rich and unforgettable experience. These are stories to be read with pleasure and wonder.
- Author BiographyEmily Hammond is the author of a collection of short stories, Breathe Something Nice, and a novel, Milk. Her work has been awarded a Colorado Fellowship for the Arts, the Katherine Anne Porter Prize, as well as fellowships to the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference and the Ucross Foundation. She has published fiction in Ploughshares, New England Review, Colorado Review, Alaska Quarterly Review and other magazines. She lives in Colorado and is married to the author Steven Schwartz.
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication30/04/1997
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Weight177 g
- Width133 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.