All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreeding in Captivity takes us on Stacy Bolt's journey to have a child at advanced maternal age, first with the help of a Really Expensive fertility specialist, and then ultimately through a local adoption agency. But this isn't your typical serious memoir about struggling with infertility; it's an entertaining, witty read that perfectly balances humor with its more poignant moments. Breeding in Captivity is about a quirky, lovable couple that you root for through their fertility struggles and adoption adventures. It's about the hundreds of Internet message boards where anyingly perky women from Kappa Alpha Fruitcake refer to sex as babydancing and sprinkle virtual baby dust on each other. It's about meeting birthmothers and deciding on open adoptions. It's about being chosen and then having a birthmother change her mind. But ultimately, it's about hope, how life can surprise you, and laughing through the insanity.
- Author BiographyStacy Bolt is a Portland writer whose essays are frequently featured on Live Wire, a radio program aired on Oregon Public Broadcasting and syndicated in several national markets. Her work has also been published in Imbibe magazine and Portland Monthly.
- Author(s)Stacy Bolt
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight19 g
- Width145 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.