All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- Description'The funniest book of the year, and quite possibly of all time' Francis Wheen, Mail on Sunday Everyone loves a rogue. Take Louis de Rougemont, pearl diver, alligator hunter and King of the Cannibals, who was allegedly shipwrecked off the coast of New Guinea and survived by clinging to the tail of the ship's dog. Or Archbishop Lancelot Blackburne, who tired of waiting for heavenly rewards and became a swashbuckling pirate, rumoured to have employed Dick Turpin as his butler. From assassins and arsonists to hell-raisers and highwaymen, plus an array of poisoners, strumpets, quacks, and forgers, BREWER'S, ROGUES, VILLAINS and ECCENTRICS is a hugely entertaining miscellany of bizarre Britons through the ages. Including the famous, infamous and downright dangerous, you couldn't ask for a better gallery of Britain's most outrageous characters.
- Author BiographyWillie Donaldson has led an extraordinary and colourful life - from his privileged public-school eduction to an untidy lifestyle in the company of pop stars, actors, models and others. He is the author of the various volumes in the 'Henry Root' series and of numerous other humorous titles.
- PrizesShortlisted for Saga Award for Wit 2003.
- Author(s)William Donaldson,Willie Donaldson
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication02/09/2004
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date07/11/2009
- Content Note64
- Weight617 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.