All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $39.88
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.35
- AU $10.29Trending at AU $15.88
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.22
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $31.77
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.23
About this product
- DescriptionSergeant...there is a brewery here! shouted Private Lutje into the tent of his commanding officer. His regiment had just set up camp outside of Tucson. It was spring. The year was 1866. And the good private had reason to be shocked. How could anyone brew beer in the desert? The water was alkaline (when it was fit to drink at all), grains were scarce, bottles were in short supply, and refrigeration was nearly n-existent. But human ingenuity cant be overestimated, especially when it comes to creating alcoholic beverages. <br><br>Since 1864, the state's breweries have had a history as colourful as the state. With an eye like a historian, the good taste of a conisseur, and the tenacity of a dedicated collector, author Ed Sipos serves up beer history with gusto. <em>Brewing Arizona</em> is the first book of Arizona beer. It includes every brewery kwn to have operated in the state, from the first to the latest, from crude brews to craft brews, from mass beer to microbrews. This eye-opening chronicle is encyclopaedic in scope but smooth in its delivery. Like a fine beer, the contents are deep and rich, with a little froth on top. <br><br>With more than 250 photographs--200 in full colour--<em>Brewing Arizona</em> is as beautiful as it is tasty. So put up your feet, grab a cold one, and sip to your heart's delight.
- Author Biography<strong>Ed Sipos</strong> is a past president of the A-1 Chapter of the Brewery Collectibles Club of America and has been the editor of the chapter's newsletter, the <em>A-1 Can-o-Gram</em>, for more than fifteen years. He has written extensively for <em>Beer Can & Brewery Collectibles </em>magazine.
- Author(s)Ed Sipos
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Content Notecolor illustrations
- Weight1805 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.