All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of beer and brewing in Britain is a diverse tale. Like a deep, amber ale, the development of the brewing industry is rich and full of depth. The history of brewing in Britain is a cornerstone of the country's culture. Dating back to the Doomsday Book, where more breweries were recorded than wineries, through to the glory days of the Victorians, the industry and the popularity of brewing in Britain has sky-rocketed in the past twenty years with the rise of the micro-brewer. Proving that real ale will never die, the huge number of small craft brewers across Britain show that demand for the industry is still high. Here in this illustrated book, the Brewery History Society divulge images from their extensive archive to tell the intriguing story of the growth of this significant industry. First setting the scene with the foundation of Sumerian brewing, detailed chapters look to the development of the industry during the medieval period through to the Victorians and the modern brewers of today. Filled with anecdotes and interesting facts, they explore the history of this fascinating industry and its important role in the national heritage of Great Britain.
- Author BiographyThe Brewery History Society was founded in April 1972 to bring together people with a common interest in the history of brewing, to stimulate research and to encourage the interchange of information.
- Author(s)Brewery History Society,Ken Smith
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Series TitleBrewing
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note170
- Weight272 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.