All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe illustrations of Brian Cook from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s have become iconic. His heightened use of colour, in a flat colour poster style, is much imitated, but never surpassed. His jacket covers for the Batsford series of books that celebrated British life are w very collectable. This collection of his best work is a beautiful publication that should be enjoyed t only by collectors but all lovers of good design and illustration. Brian Cook describes his working processes, the then new printing process that allowed him to pioneer his characteristic bold colours, and the design principles and practical methods of his craft. A stunning book for designers.
- Author BiographyBrian Cook was the nephew of the late Harry Batsford, chairman of the family publishing firm from 1917 to 1952. He himself became chairman of the company in 1952. His design work, almost exclusively for Batsford, was pioneering and timeless.
- Author(s)Brian Cook
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication19/07/2010
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note120
- Weight907 g
- Width276 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.