Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionFrom being a mirity interest of NGOs and niche law firms, corruption has grown into a subject which is rarely out of the media and which corporate lawyers and specialist consultants worldwide have seen as a new business opportunity. Bribery: Law and Practice from Monty Raphael QC, one of the most respected lawyers in this field, offers a comprehensive, authoritative overview of this increasingly significant area of law that updates and expands on his earlier Blackstone's Guide to the Bribery Act 2010. In the years since the Bribery Act came into force there have been a great many developments in legislation, regulation, compliance, and forensic investigation which are fully covered in this volume, including the introduction of Deferred Prosecution Agreements in the Crime and Courts Bill 2013 and the issuance of new guidance on business expenditure, facilitation payments, and self-reporting, among others, by the Serious Fraud Office, the Ministry of Justice, the Financial Conduct Authority, Transparency International, and the International Chamber of Commerce. Discussion of these new developments is complemented by rigorous insights into practice and policy and the provision of an accessible synthesis of all the available aids to compliance and regulation. Offering unparalleled practical advice and insight and answering those questions most frequently asked by those confronted with suspicions about or actual incidences of bribery and corruption, this book is an indispensable guide to t only practitioners in the fields of criminal law, and particularly financial crime, but also to those in the business community with a corporate presence in the UK.
- Author BiographyMonty Raphael QC (Honoris Causa) is currently Special Counsel at Peters and Peters, a leading white collar law firm where he was previously a Senior Partner and then head of the Fraud and Regulatory team. He has made a particular speciality of corruption, civil and criminal fraud, and anti-money laundering law (domestic and international).
- Author(s)Monty Raphael
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight622 g
- Width180 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.