All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionBrick City is a celebration of the world's favourite buildings and urban icons, recreated solely using Lego bricks. While to many, Lego bricks are 'just a toy,' to an ever-growing army of fans they provide a challenging and enjoyable modelling medium. These fans, calling themselves 'AFOLs' or Adult Fans of Lego have taken it upon themselves to recreate local landmarks using just the bricks that you find at a local store. Lego models created by adult fans though, don't resemble those that many people created as a child. Created by masters of their medium, these fabulously detailed models may contain thousands of pieces - or perhaps just a handful. Either way, the talented artists have an intimate kwledge of every piece and colour available; skilfully choosing the ideal piece to recreate a well-kwn landmark. Sometimes creating a model indistinguishable from the real thing, or evoking the spirit of a building in just a few small pieces. In fact, landmarks and cityscapes - from the New York skyline to the Sagrada Familia, London's St. Pancras, and the amazing towers of Beijing and Hong Kong - have long been a source of inspiration for Lego builders. In this book, Warren Elsmore takes us on a world tour and explores more than 12 global cities and their iconic structures. Each city is examined and recreated in Lego form. Comprising amazing artwork, exploratory photographs, and detailed breakdowns, Brick City looks at the essence of what makes an urban landscape recognisable.
- Author BiographyWarren Elsmore is an adult fan of LEGO ('AFOL') based in Edinburgh, UK. He's been in love with the plastic brick since the age of four and is now heavily involved in the LEGO fan community as well as working with a number of commercial companies to realise their dreams in plastic. Since rediscovering his love of LEGO at the age of 24, Warren has never looked back. Warren is best known for his model of St. Pancras station in London. A 150 000-brick, 4 metre long bohemoth, this model has been written about in numerous news articles and was the subject of a BBC feature article, alongside Warren's 6 metre long model of the Forth Bridge. Warren also organises 'AFOLCON' and The LEGO Show - a dedicated LEGO fan convention, followed by the largest public LEGO event in the UK, which attracts many thousands of fans.
- Author(s)Warren Elsmore
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication29/06/2013
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCrows Nest
- Width176 mm
- Height230 mm
- Interest AgeFrom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.