All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the Greek gods as you have never seen them--in LEGO form! Enjoy these fascinating myths, reimagined through elaborate scenes and colorful LEGO bricks in one thousand color photographs! This book shares a unique retelling of some of the most widely kwn and loved Greek myths, from the stories of Athena, Poseidon, and Pandora to the twelve labors of Hercules. Watch Athena spring from the head of Zeus, and see Poseidon as he rules the seas with his mighty trident. Maintain hope with Pandora as her curiosity gets the best of her, and beware the Nemean Lion as Hercules repents for his misdeeds. Be awestruck by the amazing Mount Olympus made completely from LEGO bricks! These exciting retellings of ancient tales are consistent with the mythology behind them, while also capturing the creativity and whimsy of the stories with elaborate brick scenery. Brick Greek Myths will be a delight for LEGO tinkerers of all ages, a fun introduction to the tales for young readers, and an enchanting return to the stories for even the most devoted admirer of mythology. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAmanda Brack is a freelance illustrator who loves dogs, horror movies, and homemade smoothies. She recently graduated from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts and is currently living near Boston, Massachusetts. Monica Sweeney loves all things related to Spain and Chaucer and has yet to say no to a mini powdered doughnut. She graduated with honors in English from the University of Massachusetts--Amherst and lives in Needham, Massachusetts. Becky Thomas enjoys breaking the bindings of all books Jane Austen, playing video games, and trying out new recipes. She graduated with honors in English from the University of Massachusetts--Amherst, and she lives with her husband, Patrick, and their two cats in Burlington, Massachusetts. Monica Sweeney and Becky Thomas are also the authors of Brick Shakespeare: The Tragedies--Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, and Julius Caesar, Brick Shakespeare: The Comedies--A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Tempest, Much Ado About Nothing, and The Taming of the Shrew, and Brick Fairy Tales: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hansel and Gretel, and More.
- Author(s)Amanda Brack,Becky Thomas,Monica Sweeney
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight1157 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.