All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing LEGO(R) bricks, artist Warren Elsmore and friends create stunning transport scenes across the four categories of road, rail, water and air. From the steam locomotive to the high-speed train, and the penny farthing bicycle to the stylish scooter, these projects will inspire and inform readers of all ages while providing additional trivia about transportation invation. Thanks to its versatility and adaptability, LEGO lends itself to vehicles of all kinds. Brick Wheels showcases over 60 vehicles from around the globe in LEGO brick form, and there are clear instructions for the smaller models so that you can replicate these in your own home.
- Author BiographyWarren Elsmore is an artist working in a unique medium-LEGO bricks. Based in Edinburgh, he's been in love with the plastic brick since the age of 4. Since rediscovering his love of LEGO at the age of 24, Warren has never looked back and now works with a number of commercial companies to realize their dreams in plastic. Warren's first book, Brick City, immortalized more than one hundred global icons in LEGO bricks, with instructions to allow you to build many of them with your own parts at home. Since the book's release, the models have gone on tour throughout Europe and have been made into collectable models, gifts, and heavily covered in the national press. Warren followed the publication of Brick City with Brick Wonders and Brick Flicks. Warren has produced a number of models focusing on recreating real buildings using only standard LEGO bricks. His aim is a balance of realistic re-creation, coupled with a recognizable 'LEGO' style. His knowledge and skill of his medium allows him to see the essence of a building and faithfully recreate its most recognizable aspects with LEGO bricks. Warren also organizes 'AFOLCON' and The LEGO Show-a dedicated LEGO fan convention, followed by the largest public LEGO event in the UK which attracts many thousands of fans, young and old. These events showcase the very best model making in LEGO-whether they be ultra-realistic recreations or just a flight of fantasy.
- Author(s)Warren Elsmore
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Note400 illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width177 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.