All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe wellsprings of desire and the impediments to love come brilliantly into focus in Evelyn Waugh's masterpiece-a vel that immerses us in the glittering and seductive world of English aristocracy in the waning days of the empire.Through the story of Charles Ryder's entanglement with the Flytes, a great Catholic family, Evelyn Waugh charts the passing of the privileged world he knew in his own youth and vividly recalls the sensuous pleasures denied him by wartime austerities. At once romantic, sensuous, comic, and somber, Brideshead Revisited transcends Waugh's early satiric explorations and reveals him to be an elegiac, lyrical velist of the utmost feeling and lucidity.
- Author BiographyEvelyn Waugh (1903-1966), whom Time called one of the century's great masters of English prose, wrote several widely acclaimed novels as well as volumes of biography, memoir, travel writing, and journalism. Three of his novels, A Handful of Dust, Scoop, and Brideshead Revisited, were selected by the Modern Library as among the 100 best novels of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Evelyn Waugh
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication11/12/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight658 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.