Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by johnsonfriendship
- Est. delivery by 8 Oct
- AU $8.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by cover_2_cover
- Est. delivery by 8 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJess Aarons wants to be the fastest boy in the class. He's been practising all summer and he's sure he's going to win. But when a girl named Leslie Burke moves into the neighbouring farm his life changes forever. Not only does Leslie t look or act like any of the girls in school, she also turns out to be the fastest runner in the year. After getting over the humiliation of being beaten by a girl, Jess begins to think Leslie might be okay - she's clever and funny and t a bit soppy. It is Leslie who invents Terabithia, the secret country on an island across the creek. Here Jess could forget his large, quarrelsome family, his father who thought it was ummanly to love drawing, and his little sister May Belle, who was always tagging after him. Here he could be strong and unafraid. The only way to reach Terabithia is by rope-swing where Jess and Leslie become King and Queen, defeating giants, sharing stories and dreams, and plotting against their enemies. They are invincible - until tragedy strikes. It is more dreadful than anything Jess had ever dreamed of, but as he struggles to cope with his grief and anger, he finds that his family value him more than he'd thought and that, still King, he could even save Terabithia for the future.
- Author BiographyKatherine Paterson was born in China in 1932 - she was the middle of five children. Her parents were missionaries and during her childhood the family travelled extensively. After graduating she was a teacher in Virginia and later she travelled to Japan where she lived for four years. She now lives in Vermont, USA and loves to teach, read and cook. Katherine Paterson is twice winner of the Newbery Medal: in 1978 for BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA and in 1981 for JACOB HAVE I LOVED.
- PrizesWinner of John Newbery Medal 1978.
- Author(s)Katherine Paterson
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/1995
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePuffin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Out-of-print date15/05/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading AgeFrom 2 to 12
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.39
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.