All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines literary translation in contemporary China from two perspectives. The first is related to the social and political dimension of translation, which is concerned with the general context of translation, translation practices, literary rms as well as the structures that support them. The second perspective focuses on the more personal dimension, which is influenced by personalities and dispositions of the individuals involved in translation. Moving along the spectrum with the political on one end and the personal on the other, this book asserts that these two are two sharply different yet intimately intertwined domains of translation. It further argues that the dialectical relationship between lived personal experience and structural power relations in translation will provide a base to recognize the centrality of human agency and the possibility of resistance through translation, to understand translation as a site of power struggle and potential change, and finally, to strive for translation research and practice that is both socially relevant and personally meaningful.
- Author BiographyXiulu Wang obtained her PhD degree in Translation Studies from the University of Warwick, UK in 2010. Following her post-doctoral research, she is currently a lecturer at Sun Yat-sen University, P. R. China. Her main research areas are Translation Studies, Comparative literature, and Cultural Studies.
- Author(s)Xiulu Wang
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight370 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.