All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionSome would say, Now is t the time to talk about race in politics. America is divided and needs to be united. Alice Patterson demonstrates that w is the time to discuss what has divided us and how to bring transformation to our nation. In this book you will find reconciliation and racial healing in an unlikely place-the political arena. Is God interested in politics? Does He want you to get involved? Can ordinary citizens have real power instead of just influence? Can we empower evil powers without even realizing it? Is tolerance a virtue or a sin? These answers and more are found in Bridging the Racial & Political Divide.
- Author BiographyAlice Patterson, Founder and President of Justice at the Gate in San Antonio, Texas, is dedicated to empowering believers through reconciliation and education in God's presence to impact our nation through prayer and through the power of the ballot. Alice has been involved in the civic arena since 1984. In 1996 she founded Pray Texas to encourage pastors to pray and work together for community transformation. She served as the Texas Coordinator for the United States Strategic Prayer Network for 6 years and served on the U. S. Civil Rights Commission State Advisory Committee for 10 years. As the granddaughter of a Ku Klux Klan member, Alice has publicly repented for overt and unconscious racism in the white community. She is working to undo the harm done by her grandfather and others like him. Alice serves as a bridge between Christians of various cultures as well as between the church and the civic arena. Alice oversaw county organization where each of the 254 counties in Texas had a pastor connecting with others in the area for voter registration and voter guide distribution for the November 2005 marriage amendment election. She has since worked in states like Virginia and Iowa to do the same thing. She convened a group of Hispanic leaders to pray and strategize together to form a national Hispanic organization, which led to a meeting of over 700 Hispanic pastors and spouses in Austin with the Governor of Texas. She hosted a summit of 300 African American pastors and leaders to meet with the Governor and other elected officials about the plight of Black children in inner city schools. Alice's heart is to train pastors and leaders in various ethnic communities about how to access governmental power by taking a seat at the decision-making table regardless of political party.
- Author(s)Alice Patterson
- PublisherTransformational Publications
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransformational Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.