All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionBridle rosettesfunctional objects that stabilized the bridle headstall, beautifully decorated and often imbued with family, political, or social symbolsare roadmaps of America, spanning the last 200 years and reminding us of the major contribution of the horse to the development of the country. Over 10,000 different varieties were produced between c. 1850 and 1930. In over 800 vivid color photos many of these varieties are shown. Chapters explore glass and metal rosettes and related hardware, composition rosettes, and rosettes representing various organizations, businesses (advertising), and the military. Two later chapters present information and photographs of rosette pins, and contemporary (post-1960) and recycled rosettes. Historians, horse enthusiasts, collectors, and dealers alike will all treasure this book.
- Author BiographyE. Helene Sage is an author of over 350 published scientific articles, Western-related commentaries, and catalogs and books that include Bridle Rosettes: Two Centuries of Equine Adornment and Native American Horse Gear.
- Author(s)E. Helene Sage
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2011
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note824 color photos
- Weight1840 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.