All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionVirginia Woolf has been among the most scrutinised figures of the past century. Her unique literary genius, her pioneering work for women's rights, her position at the nucleus of the Bloomsbury group, her high-profile family and marriage, her relationship with Vita Sackville-West, and her suicide have all been dissected. Life and art were, for Woolf, inextricably entangled, and the autobiographical elements of many of her works, including the masterpieces To The Lighthouse and The Waves, have heightened interest in this most fascinating of figures. Elizabeth Wright here takes a fresh look at the life and legacy of one of the greatest figures of English literature. Perfect for Woolf enthusiasts and newcomers alike, Brief Lives: Virginia Woolf offers a concise, authoritative account of the author's life, and presents an engaging overview of her afterlife in literary history.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Wright is a Senior Lecturer in English and European Literature at Bath Spa University. She has written many articles on Virginia Woolf, as well as a play about Woolf's relationship with her sister, Vanessa Bell.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Wright
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleBrief Lives
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width122 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.