Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionTrauma is w being recognized as a major mental health challenge, with clients from children to the elderly presenting symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, often with awareness of the cause. Yet managed care-and the growing incidence of trauma patients, presenting increased demands on existing professionals-requires brief treatments whenever possible. This book explains how to apply brief, existing, generic treatments to help manage the traumatized and diminish or eliminate their traumatic symptoms. These recommended brief treatments are guided by sound assessment methods that can be verified empirically. The treatment chapters provide detailed information for the practitioner, including ways to incorporate the treatment approach into an overall plan. The volume will be helpful to practitioners who work exclusively with traumatized clients, as well as those who are only occasionally presented with such cases.
- Author BiographyCHARLES R. FIGLEY is Director of the Traumatology Institute and the College of Social Work at Florida State University.
- Author(s)Charles R. Figley
- Date of Publication30/09/2002
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleContributions in Psychology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.39
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notereferences, indexes
- Weight715 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Foreword byPaul B. Pedersen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.