All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first comprehensive guide to the historic heart of Brighton and Hove, the greatest of England's seaside resorts. A series of walks trace its development from late medieval fishing settlement to the Queen of the Watering Places, with a lively and critical commentary on its unique architectural character. Few cities can boast such an exotic diversity of buildings, from the outlandish Pavilion, playground of the Prince Regent, to genteel squares and terraces, Victorian architecture both serious and whimsical and landmarks of twentieth century modernism. This guide will delight resident and visitor alike.
- Author BiographyNicholas Antram lived in Brighton for many years. He is co-author of the Leicestershire volumes of the Pevnser Architectural Guides and was formerly on the staff of English Heritage. Richard Morrice also works for English Heritage.
- Author(s)Nicholas Antram,Richard Morrice,Richard Pollard
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: City Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width115 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.