All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionLight is a powerful force for design inspiration. From the mundane to the bizarre, the strictly functional to the wildly ostentatious, a paply of objects has been created in response to the desire for artificial illumination. This first title in the V&A Contemporary Series explores the exciting range of new lighting forms and techlogies from the archetypal domestic lamp to invations in lighted clothing. It features a range of internationally rewned designers, from Ron Arad to Karim Rashid. Covering products from the one-off to the mass-produced, it also charts crossovers in design practice, incorporating textiles, fashion and ceramics as well as product design and new techlogical developments. New materials which pulse and glow, alternative means of power conduction which negate the need for wires, heat resistant fabrics and 'cool' light sources all offer new and exciting opportunities to designers. This book introduces some of the most invative names in contemporary lighting and explores the significance of light in the designed environment.
- Author BiographyJane Pavitt is the University of Brighton Senior Research Fellow in Product Design at the V&A Museum. She writes widely on contemporary and 20th-century design and has curated several major exhibitions, including Brand.New (V&A, 2000). Her publications include Brand.New (V&A Publications, 2000) and Prague: Buildings of Europe (M.U.P., 2000). She is the curator of the V&A's first ever lighting exhibition, Brilliant (V&A 2004), which this book accompanies.
- Author(s)Jane Pavitt
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication27/02/2004
- Series TitleV&A Contemporary S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publications
- Content Note95 illustrations, (85 colour )
- Weight316 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.