All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe earliest European visitors to Minnesota marvel at the area's flora and fauna. A soldier at Fort Snelling contemplates deserting. Swedish settler Andrew Peterson makes a daily record of his haying schedule, dropping in, without comment, a te of his marriage. Sarah Christie pleads with her father in the 1880s for a chance to go to college. Turn-of-the-century accountant Walter T Post keeps his family informed of his saving and spending habits. In the 1920s, the Pioneer Press publishes recommendations for young ladies seeking a spouse. These stories and more emerge from select diary and journal entries, from published accounts and business records -- the experiences of ordinary Minnesotans. Matched with drawings and photographs that capture a way of life at a particular moment, these impressions offer a telling history of the state in the words of its people.
- Author BiographyPeg Meier is a long-time and award-winning reporter for the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- Author(s)Peg Meier
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Note286 b/w photos
- Weight1158 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.