All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionAfghanistan is a world of adventure and danger for a young American working within the international development community. Joshua Atkinson spent seven years in the devastated nation, working in many of the same hostile conditions as the armed forces, but lacking the military's high levels of security. Confident in God's faithfulness and protection, Joshua navigated a dangerous landscape, his work often hindered by corruption. Before leaving the country, he endured a period of wrongful imprisonment in a nation kwn for its brutal prison conditions. Through all of the events he maintained his faith in God and commitment to the mission. Throughout his time in Afghanistan, Joshua immersed himself in the local culture, gaining an on-the-ground understanding of Afghans that few diplomats and politicians could match. He learned both language and customs, even mastering the tendon-straining art of squat-sitting. Joshua's insight into Afghan culture, politics, and the international contracting scene alone would make Bringing Life a compelling read for those interested in Afghanistan and ongoing recovery efforts, but his story runs deeper. An inspiring trust in God's love runs through all of Joshua's adventures, from his lighthearted anecdotes to periods of intense hardship and life-threatening challenges.
- Author BiographyJoshua Atkinson has worked and served internationally since 2005 for a variety of international organizations and businesses. He seeks to promote positive international relations and sustained growth in developing nations. His experience spans several countries in South Asia, the Middle East, and Northern Africa. Joshua presently serves as the Managing Director for an international firm in the Horn of Africa. Part of the proceeds of this book goes toward international humanitarian and development efforts.
- Author(s)Joshua Atkinson
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.