All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe healthcare sector is on the cusp of sweeping disruption. The hallmarks of the old system-pricing that's disconnected from outcomes and incentives for treating sickness rather than maintaining health-are longer sustainable. And yet, after decades of financial success, it's difficult for most established industry players to grapple with meaningful changes to their business models. In their latest book, Bringing Value to Healthcare: Practical Steps for Getting to a Market-Based Model, Rita Numerof and Michael Abrams lay out the roadmap to a healthcare system that is accountable for delivering optimal patient outcomes at a sustainable cost. Based on in-depth research and decades of experience consulting with leading hospitals, insurers, and device and drug manufacturers, Numerof and Abrams provide a market-based approach to addressing the ills of the current healthcare system. In addition to highlighting industry challenges and opportunities, the authors also outline the changes required of consumers, employers, and policy makers to move to a patient-centered model characterized by value, accountability, and transparency. This is the handbook for payer, provider, pharmaceutical, and medical device executives who are seeking to preserve today's profitability while positioning their organizations for success in the very different markets of tomorrow. The book's guidance is illuminated by case studies and each chapter concludes with a self-assessment tool and key questions. Getting to a new future isn't easy. But if it can't be envisioned, it can't be realized. Bringing Value to Healthcare is that critical first step.
- Author BiographyRita E. Numerof, PhD, president of Numerof & Associates, is an internationally recognized consultant and author with more than 25 years of experience in the field of strategy development and execution, business model design, and market analysis. Her clients have included Fortune 500 companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Westinghouse, AstraZeneca, Merck, Abbott Laboratories, major healthcare institutions, payers, and government agencies. The focus of her consulting addresses the challenges of maintaining competitive advantage in highly dynamic and regulated markets. Dr. Numerof graduated magna cum laude from the Honors College, Syracuse University, and received her MSS and PhD from Bryn Mawr College. Michael N. Abrams, MA, cofounder and managing partner of Numerof & Associates, has served as an internal and external consultant to Fortune 500 corporations, major pharmaceutical and medical device companies, healthcare delivery institutions, the financial services industry, and government agencies for over 25 years. As an adjunct faculty member of Washington University, St. Louis and LaSalle College, School of Business Administration in Philadelphia, Mr. Abrams has taught MBA courses in strategic management, product planning and evaluation, quantitative decision making, and market analysis. Mr. Abrams completed his doctoral work in business policy at St. Louis University. He received his MA from George Washington University in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Michael Abrams,Rita E. Numerof
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.