All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.21Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionAgainst the backdrop of the great Bristol Bay salmon fishery, thirteen-year-old Zoey Morley struggles with her parents' divorce, her mom's bush-pilot boyfriend, and the pangs of growing up during her summer in the real Alaska. Author Annie Boochever tells a compelling tale of a divided family living a remote lifestyle where getting along as a team is a matter of survival. Zoey learns to trust the artist inside her and finds she and her new friend Thomas have something in common. Readers will live the lessons learned and taught by this young girl who finds that hard work, compassion, and the ability to see things in her own special way lead her toward happiness in a place that at first seems just too far away. Bristol Bay is the world's largest salmon fishery. Teachers will like the fact that Bristol Bay Summer includes a map of Western Alaska and a glossary of colloquial expressions and fishing terms. Offers a rare glimpse into an Alaskan fishing village's way of life.
- Author BiographyAnnie Boochever grew up in the days when Alaska was still a territory. People flocked here for a new life and a kind of freedom that wasn't available in the Lower 48. Today Alaska is still a magnet for anyone seeking adventure or just trying to escape, and the characters in Bristol Bay Summer are no exception. The story told in Bristol Bay Summer, seen through the eyes of young teen Zoey Morely, is a fictionalized version of Annie's own experiences in Bristol Bay in 1980. Annie is a retired music teacher, high school English teacher, and school librarian. She has an MFA in Creative Writing for Children and Young Adults from the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts. When not writing, Annie loves to swim, ski, play piano, and garden. She lives in Juneau with her husband and a frightfully intelligent Dutch dog named Zz. Bristol Bay Summer is her first novel.
- Author(s)Annie Boochever
- PublisherAlaska Northwest Books
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlaska Northwest Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.