Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionColour photography was still in its infancy in 1939. With the outbreak of war against Germany, the short supply of colour film stock made colour photographs even more rare. But some were taken and a few of them have survived. Most of these images have remained unseen for decades. But w the producers of the ITV series 'Britain at War in Colour' have scoured the archives to unearth a remarkable collection of startling colour images. The photographs are presented with a brief outline of the events surrounding them and illuminate a unique selection of personal accounts of the war. Intimate letters and diaries of service men and women civilians and war-time leaders tell the story of the British experience of war. The personal memories tell the reality of war-time Britain: a time when Britain stood alone; a time of danger and hope. The powerful photographs show the reality of war-time Britain: a nation with a purpose; a people with a will to win. Britain at War in Colour is a stunning account of Britain during the Second World War.
- Author BiographyStewart Binns, produced the TWI/Carlton BAFTA-winning documentary series 'Britain at War in Colour'. He is an acclaimed documentary film-maker who has won over thirty international awards for his work. He is the co-author of The Second World War in Colour and America at War in Colour. Adrian Wood has over 25 years experience with independent producers and broadcasters in Europe and North America. In 1998 he joined TWI as Director of Archive and Library Development. Adrian sourced the previously unseen footage for the Peabody Award-winning series 'The Second World War in Colour'.
- Author(s)Adrian Wood,Stewart Binns
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note120 colour photographs
- Weight1 g
- Width212 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.