CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- Description'We are the watchmen; the keepers of the flame.' Britannia in the late fourth century is a wild, dark place and the Pax Romana that has held for three hundred years is crumbling. Justinus Coelius is commander of the Wall and he is facing invasion from Saxons and treachery from within. Leocadius Horius is consul of Londinium, but his fragile grasp on his lifestyle is broken when he plays dice with the wrong people. Vitalis Celatius just wants a quiet, peaceful life but his sister Conchessa is desperate to find her husband who has fallen foul of the Emperor. And the Emperor is about to face a challenge from Magnus Maximus, the general who takes Britannia's legions to overthrow him. Celtic legend, Egyptian mysticism and Gaelic battle-fury are all interwoven in this dark tale. The surviving Heroes of the Wall are once again thrown into the melting pot of history. How many of them will still be standing at the end?
- Author BiographyRichard Denham Richard Denham is the son of a retired sergeant in the British Army and is interested in military history. He has a young son named Tristan, and struggles to deny that he is named after one of King Arthur's knights. Richard enjoys collaborations and is the co-author of the popular 'Britannia' series with M. J. Trow. The series follows a group of soldiers and their descendants through the madness of a chain of events which will eventually lead to the fall of Roman Britain and the descent into the Dark Ages. Richard has also co-authored 'The Citizen Survivor' series with Steve Hart, who is one of Britain's top survivalists. M J Trow A bestselling author of over sixty books, including forty novels, Mei Trow is nevertheless always looking for the next new idea. A military historian by training and consummate story-teller by inclination, he had never thought of writing about the Romans' last hurrah in Britain until he met Richard Denham and then it seemed an obvious subject for a blockbusting series. Using Richard Denham's exhaustive knowledge and his own wide-ranging grasp of history, Mei has brought his skill in bringing the past to life to the table in this collaboration. Reviewers have often mentioned how he makes historical characters seem as though the past is now and not a dusty then and he has made this as true for fourth century Britain as for Tudor or Victorian England (the Marlowe and the Lestrade series). As a history teacher for more years than he cares to remember, making the past live is his passion and nothing pleases him more than the many reviews that say I wish he had been my History teacher!
- Author(s)M J Trow,Richard Denham
- PublisherThistle Publishing
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThistle Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.