All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhen war broke out in 1939, only three true battlecruisers remained in the Royal Navy including HMS 'Hood', the world's largest and fastest capital ship for much of her life, which would be destroyed in action against the German battleship 'Bismarck'. Out of the remaining two battlecruisers ('Repulse' and 'Rewn') one was sunk by Japanese aircraft off Singapore, whilst the other served with distinction until the end of the war. This book traces the pre-war development of these spectacular warships, then describes their wartime exploits, using this to demonstrate their operational and mechanical performance. It examines what life was like on these wartime battlecruisers when they sailed into action.
- Author BiographyAngus Konstam hails from the Orkney Islands and is the author of over 20 books, many of which are published by Osprey. Formerly the Curator of Weapons in the Royal Armouries at the Tower of London, he also served as the Chief Curator of the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum in Key West, Florida. His maritime titles for Osprey include Elite 67: Pirates 1660-1730, Elite 69: Buccaneers 1620-1700 and Elite 70: Elizabethan Sea Dogs 1560-1605. Angus lives in London, where he combines a freelance museum consultancy business with a career as a historian and writer. Tony Bryan is a freelance illustrator of many years experience. He initially qualified in Engineering and worked for a number of years in Military Research and Development, and has a keen interest in military hardware - armour, small arms, aircraft and ships. Tony has produced many illustrations for partworks, magazines and books, including a number of titles in the New Vanguard series.
- Author(s)Angus Konstam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 88
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w & 7 colour illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width185 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.