All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuidebook to walking in Canada's British Columbia. The guide has a combination of long, multi-day expeditions through wild and mountains areas, as well as shorter, scenic day walks, many of which explore ares defined by native culture. British Columbia is full of National Parks and protected areas, and the walks in this guide venture into dozens. The guide is divided into sections which include: Vancouver Island, the Queen Charlotte Islands (Haidi Gwaii), Whistler and Squamish, Manning Provincial Park, Stein Valley Nlaka'Pamux Heritage Park, Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks, the Kootenays and the British Columbia Rockies. The guideboook also includes plenty of practical advice on camping and hiking in the area, as well as survival tips for exploring the Canadian Wilderness, and plenty of background information on places of interest on the trail. With 637 provincial parks, six national parks, wide regions of protected land and age-old forests, wild mountain rivers, grizzly bears and sockeye salmon, British Columbia is a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast, and this guidebook is an ideal companion to exploring its mountains, forests and trails.
- Author BiographyJanna Wilson lives in British Columbia with her husband and their two young children. She has spent the past few years nurturing a passion for the beauty of her new surroundings: remote islands of rainforest, giant ancient cedars, windswept beaches, and vibrant culture. With two small kids in tow, she now roams at a slower pace savouring their excitement and curiosity about each place they discover and can't wait to paddle, cycle and hike throughout the world with them.
- Author(s)Janna Lee Fleming,Janna Wilson
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Notecolour photographs and maps
- Weight310 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.