All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis third edition of British Culture is the complete introduction to culture and the arts in Britain today. Extensively illustrated and offering a wider range of topics than ever before, David P. Christopher identifies and analyses key areas in language, literature, film, TV, social media, popular music, sport and other fields, setting each one in a clear, historical context. British Culture enables students of British society to understand and enjoy a fascinating range of contemporary arts through an examination of current trends, such as the influence of business and commerce, the effects of globalization and the spread of digital communications. This new edition features: * fully revised and updated chapters analyzing a range of key areas within British culture * new chapters on cyberculture, heritage and festivals * extracts from vels and plays. This student-friendly edition also strengthens reading and study skills through follow-up activities, weblinks and suggestions for further research. David P. Christopher's book is an engaging analysis of contemporary life and arts and, together with its companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/christopher), is essential reading for every student of modern Britain.
- Author BiographyFormerly Associate Professor at the University of La Rioja, Dr. David Christopher is a researcher and author in Culture, Media and Language, and collaborates with universities and arts organizations worldwide.
- Author(s)David P. Christopher
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2015
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.